Be Still


“The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still” Exodus 14:14


I have felt the importance of these words as of late. I have the tendency to ask God for help, but before He has time to answer me, I run on to the next thing. Lately, I have heard a quiet but steady voice saying, “Be still, Katie, let me handle this.” I say “Okay, God...but what about the uncertainty of my future? What about my singleness? What about, despite having a good life by most standards, feeling lost and alone?”


He’s silent, until one night I’m brought to tears in prayer. Then He answers, “Katie, are you being still? Are you letting go and letting me fight for you? Are you just living a life honoring me and loving people as I have asked?”


That beautiful, stormy night I gave all my problems and worries to Him. He’s fighting my battles and I lean into Him more and more every day. I cherish all He has given me—supportive family, loving friends, reliable job, the list is unending. He has shown me that I am not lost and alone in the things that matter. I encourage you to make a cherish list and when the tough things come up, give them over to God and He will fight for you.


Have courage, be kind.
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Great words. It's SOOOOOO hard to be still!

    Is there any way to follow you other than through Pinterest? Like through Blogger or email, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete